Friday, February 26, 2010

KSL and No Behind



KSL Channel 5 News is doing a story on us. They went to Idaho and interviewed Kristene Rose, Jeremy's wife, on Thursday and interviewed Lisa, my oldest daughter, Tracey and me on Friday. The story will run on Wednesday, March 3, on the 10 pm news. We are not the only ones to recognize the miracles. The camera man said doing this story has been one of the highlights of his career and thanked us for sharing it with him. If any of you see it, we apologize up front for getting emotional. You all know I am not too good in that area and this is a hard story for me to talk about. However, I do want to promote organ donation every chance I get because the Roses' gift to us is a huge blessing.
All of my life I have told my children that I work my behind off. Well, I have done it. I have no behind. In January 2007 I weighed 200 lbs. and on my Wednesday appointment I weighed 149 lbs. (I was 165 before the surgery). A lot of it is because of the no food diet the doctors put me on for over two weeks (after that it was sugar-free jello). While on my walks, my pants would drop a bit with every step. Yesterday we bought suspenders. I have found that there is nothing worse than being on TV and having your pants fall off.

13 comments:

  1. Dad- we can't wait to see the story! Can we see it from Idaho? Also, sorry to break it to you- but you have been cursed with the Parkinson butt-its always been a little flat! But, we are glad to see that you got suspenders instead of new jeans- it means you are on your way to gaining more weight! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suspenders....hmmmmm! I never thought you would be a suspenders guy! I couldn't believe how skinny you were in the pictures they posted pre-surgery....I can't even imagine you being just 149!! I can't wait to watch the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So....I checked out a few of your kids blogs and think it is CRAZY that your Chad married a Brittany and your Brittney married a Keaton! I bet keeping everyone strait at the family parties is interesting! :) I LOVED seeing all their pictures and the cute pictures of you and Tracey's grandbabies! I am glad you posted their blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I didn't figure it was fair that I checked out all your kids and didn't give you the chance to check out my madness if wanted. This is me www.rnhawkinsfamily.blogspot.com And I promise after 3 comments in one day that I AM NOT STOCKING!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading this blog! It is good to find that your sense of humor has not died in the least through all this! I am looking forward to the news spot on the 3rd. How could you not get emotional? You don't need to apologize! I get emotional reading every entry on this blog & none of it is happening to me. You are such an inspiration & example to all of us. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dad, I had no idea about the news! So exciting! Is there any way that we can watch it here? Is somebody going to record it? And yes, the no butt Parkinson curse has passed on to most of us too! But I do think you have worked you butt off, thanks for showing us how!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have to agree you never have had much of a butt. I think the suspenders are a great new addititon to your wardrobe. That is very exciting about the news story. Let us know if we can see it from Idaho. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I have to say is don't get to Use to the suspenders. I don't want you turning into that home teAcher we use to have in 8th ward. The girls and I had such a great time with you guys on Friday. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read the title I thought KSL was doing a story about your lack of a behind. Michelle I'm sorry but there is no such thing as the no butt parkinson curse, I think you made that up. And who is Kurt &amp? Wasted

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so you know Michelle, Chad wrote those previous two posts,AND... it was at midnight last night. He was acting a little loopy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Britt- I didn't think it was you for even a second! And, Chad...happy, I fixed our name:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay....I do know that it is STALKING....not STOCKING...give me a break! I told you it was madness around here!:)

    ReplyDelete