Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tribute to Jeremy Rose

People were able to make comments on the comment board of KSL News in Salt Lake City. The following comment was posted by a friend and co-worker of Jeremy's. I want to share the comment with everyone I know. I hope the friend doesn't mind. Jeremy, Kristene, and Jeremy's family have made me want to be a better person.

Jeremy Rose was the most selfless person I have ever known. He would give you the shirt off his back, if you were broke down on the side of the road he would help if you were down he would make you laugh, we miss him very much, and we are happy that some one else could use what he could not any more, Jeremy never wasted anything if you knew him you know what I am talking about. R.I.P Jeremy we all pray for your family,wife and kids and promise to make sure they are taken care of while you are away.
Long time friend, and coworker

I am reminded once again of Jeremy's horoscope at the time he died. It reads: "Selflessness is a talent. You've practiced it until grace has become second nature to you. An act of kindness meant more to the recipient than you know. And the best part is, that person never even asked the favor."

3 comments:

  1. I quietly attended the funeral of Jeremy Rose. Not because I knew him or his sweet family, but because I wanted to know them. I wanted Jeremy to know that he is loved by strangers that have become friends who care about his family. I wanted to feel of their goodness.

    The church was full of family,friends,co-workers,and good hearts. The church was full of flowers. Every color, every kind. The church was full of tears, both happy and sad, as we heard funny, sweet, and poignant tributes to Jeremy and his beautiful wife. My tears were thankful tears-- for life--and for the knowledge that this life is not all.

    I watched the family file out after the words had all been said. They needed time to hug each other. I left quietly. This world is full of good people to memorize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last comment says exactly what I have been feeling about the Rose family. All of us kids went to Jeremy's viewing- mostly to pay respects and to thank but we also really wanted to meet these amazing people. I remember leaving thinking, wow, to have such an amazing family, Jeremy must have been an amazing person.
    The Rose family has taught us a lot about the power of giving but I think all would agree that they have also taught us a lot about how to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherie Squires sent me the link to the KSL newcast with your story and asked, "Isn't that our Robert Parkinson?" Yes, you are "our" Robert Parkinson. We are connected even if it isn't on a daily basis. We belong to each other beacause of a common past. I just wanted to say how how happy I am for you and your family. I know you have been ill for a long time and this is such a good ending to a very long wait.
    I am always amazed at God's goodness, not just for the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ at this time, but for modern medicine and technology which is such a miracle and blessing.

    Sheri Winger Howard

    ReplyDelete